The Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce conducts Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies as a service to Chamber Investors. Ceremonies can be performed by themselves or as a part of an open house or grand opening. The Chamber is happy to help! Below is the information that you will need.
Current Investors of the Greater Columbus GA Chamber of Commerce who are:
- In their first year of opening a business
- In the first year of purchasing an existing business
- An existing business that has moved to a new location or remodeled
WHAT THE CHAMBER DOES:
- Provides the “giant scissors”
- Provides red ribbon (if want different color, you must provide)
- Promote event on Chamber website
- Includes event in weekly email to all Chamber Investors
- Attends the event and takes pictures
- Post pictures to our social media
WHAT THE COMPANY DOES:
- Coordinates with Debbie Seeley on date, time, and place of event
- Invite special guest
- The Chamber will promote your event through several different platforms. We encourage you promote yourself and invite your own special guests. You should consider: Mayor, City Officials, Financiers, Contractors, Employees, Customers, Family, Friends, and Media.
- Provide refreshments for your attendees (optional)
- Provide door prizes
- Prepare an agenda and timeline
HOW IT RUNS:
Sample Ceremony Agenda
- Company Representative welcomes guest
- Introduction of Special Guests/VIPs in attendance
- Introduction of Company President or Manager
- Congratulatory remarks
- Introduction of the company-talk about the business, what it does, your new location or remodeling, give your operating hours, introduce staff, etc.
- Cut the Ribbon-pose with the ribbon and scissors, include whoever you would like for this moment: staff, dignitaries, family, and/or friends
- Invite attendees to tour your facilities, refreshments, etc.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The further ahead you contact us, the more exposure you will receive
- Keep in touch with your Chamber contact as plans progress
- If parking will be an issue, let us and your attendees know in advance
WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT THE BEST?
- Create a unique flyer to share on social media, we can include in our monthly Investor email, email to your invited guest
- Send out a direct mail piece to invite local residents, businesses, etc.
- Create a press release and send to local media
- Invite clients, employees, board of directors, local officials, etc.
- Invite corporate staff from out of town/corporate headquarters
- Invite anyone who helped with your business (bank, attorneys, accountants, etc.)
- Offer complimentary snacks and beverages, door prizes, or take-aways
- Invite local sports or business mascots and superheroes in costumes
RIBBON CUTTING CHECKLIST
- Fill out the Ribbon Cutting Information Sheet and return to Debbie Seeley
- Coordinate with Debbie Seeley at the Chamber for date, location, and time
- Contact Mayor’s office to request attendance
- Create Invite List and send out invitation (printed, digital, social media, etc.)
- Prepare agenda for event
- Plan refreshments, tours, door prizes, etc.
- Send agenda to Debbie Seeley prior to event
- Day of event: enjoy your guests and showcase your business to Columbus